Here are the top 7 things you need to keep in mind when thinking about selection of genetics and breeding of high feed converting, healthy dairy cows.
1. Size and color of an efficient feed converting dairy cow does not matter, performance does
2. Breeding for good dairy type overall body and udder conformation
3. Breeding for longevity and high fertility
4. Genetic to allow high feed to milk conversion
5. Calving ease and good calving intervals
6. Breeding dairy cows for ease of management
7. Disease resistance
Do not forget to check out topic 3 in our expert video series with Hermann Kibler, as we discuss the important farm management practices that brings everything together in terms of running a successful dairy farm.